C.R. England has launched a new initiative to drive out childhood hunger by making monetary donations to food banks each time a driver successfully delivers a load.
The One initiative, as the trucking company is calling it, has a goal of providing one million meals to hungry children. According to Feeding America, nearly 13 million American children do not have consistent access to adequate food.
C.R. England will make a monetary donation each time a driver makes a delivery, and its logistics firm, England Logistics, will do the same each time a business transaction is completed. The donation will be automatically triggered. The company has already donated money for over 100,000 meals.
The company is making drivers a key part of the process by letting them decide where the donations go. C.R. England has partnered with 19 food banks across the U.S., and when the driver completes a delivery they get to decide which food bank the donation will go to.
“Reducing the impact of childhood hungers is what we hope to accomplish through the One initiative,” said Josh England, C.R. England’s president. “We are passionate about this cause and want to do our part in helping to solve this problem in our communities.”
C.R. England will host fundraising opportunities throughout the year and has also welcomed the public to donate. Every donation goes directly to providing a child with a meal, the company said. It is also encouraging its employees, including drivers, to donate their time at the food banks.
C.R. England is partnering with the following food banks for its One initiative:
- Utah Food Bank
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Community Food Bank (Fresno, California)
- Feeding America Riverside/San Bernardino
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Gleaners Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- North Texas Food Bank
- Oregon Food Bank
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Second Harvest Inland Northwest
- Second Harvest of Southeast North Carolina
- South Texas Food Bank
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank