The Colorado Motor Carriers Association celebrated its safest members during its annual Safety Awards Banquet, held in Denver recently.
Gavito Trucking was the big winner of the night, bringing home three awards. The fleet was awarded the President’s Trophy, which recognizes the fleet with the best overall safety program, and also won first place in the Truckload Under 2 Million Miles category. Gavito Trucking’s Laura Gavito was recognized with the Distinguished Service award.
Gavito Trucking drivers haul a variety of freight, including pulling dry vans, flatbeds, step deck, and more. The family-owned fleet hauls throughout the lower 48 but its main focus is the Rocky Mountain region.
The following fleets and drivers were recognized:
- Driver of the Year, Hourly: Larry Backes, Dixon Brothers
- Driver of the Year, Mileage: Dave Patton, Walmart Transportation
- Safety Professional of the Year: Pat McGovern, FexEx Freight
- Grand Fleet Trophy: R+L Carriers
- President’s Trophy: Gavito Trucking
- Workplace Safety Award: Indian Creek Express
- Distinguished Service: Laura Gavito, Gavito Trucking
- Past Chairman’s Award: Curt Lewis, Walmart Transportation
- LTL Under 2 Million Miles: Empire Warehouse
- LTL Over 2 Million Miles: FedEx Freight
- Truckload Under 2 Million Miles: Gavito Trucking
- Truckload Over 2 Million Miles: Transervice Logistics
- Tank Truck Division: Iowa Tanklines
- Heavy Haul Division: Apex Transportation
- Miscellaneous Division: Western Towing/USAC