PGT Trucking, which is headquartered in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, celebrated its most accomplished drivers during its annual awards event at the Willows Event Center in Industry, Pennsylvania, May 18. The fleet recognized 56 Million Mile Drivers and 144 Safe Drivers.
Awards were distributed throughout the event including:
- The David Levin Award for Company Driver of the Year went to Rick Franklin
- The Harry “Buster” Barnes Award for Independent Contractor of the Year went to Steven Dowler
- Gwendolyn Campbell received PGT’s Rookie of the Year award
- Mike Rowley was the recipient of the Hobert Hill Award for Agent of the Year
- The Bill Wright Award for Team Player of the year went to Natalie Young
- Alan Harff was named the Safe Operations Manager of the Year
- Cindi Janicki was named PGT MVP of the Year
- Bill Hershey received the President’s Award
Three new million mile drivers were also honored: Peggy Glidewell, David Haynes, and Tony Sheehan.
PGT’s Million Mile Drivers include those who have driven over a million miles without a preventable accident. The fleet’s Safe Drivers are those who have driven for the fleet for more than five years, or less than one million miles, without a preventable accident.
All Million Mile and Safe Drivers received an awards package that included Ray-Ban or Oakley sunglasses, a personal cap, and a gift of their choice ranging from watches to tools and lawn equipment to tires.
Four Million Mile Driver Glenn Gray won the grand prize of a Ford Escape Titanium through a raffle drawing.