Sixty Massachusetts truck drivers met in North Andover June 2 for the annual Massachusetts Truck Driving Championship. Of those drivers, 29 were first-time competitors.
XPO Logistics driver Richard Sweeney was named grand champion and also won first place in the tanker class.
Sarah Gudaitis, a driver with Frito-Lay, was named Rookie of the Year. She won third place in the 4-axle class.
- Grand Champion: Richard Sweeney, XPO Logistics
- Rookie of the Year, Truck Class: Sarah Gudaitis, Frito-Lay
- 3-Axle: Gerald Dube, XPO Logistics
- 4-Axle: Jeremy Paulsen, XPO Logistics
- 5-Axle: Roland Bolduc, FedEx Express
- Straight Truck: Bill Colantuone, FedEx Express
- Sleeper Berth: Brian Singelais, Frito-Lay
- Flatbed: Andrew Barilone, Regency Transportation
- Tanker: Rich Sweeney, XPO Logistics
- Twins: Bill Oakes, FedEx Freight
- Step Van: Bob Ledoux, FedEx Express
- Rookie of the Year, Step Van: Christiano Julio, FedEx Ground
- Top Written Test Score: Roland Bolduc, FedEx Express
- Top Pre-Trip Inspection Score: Andrew Barilone, Regency Transportation