Like numerous other trucking industry events, shows, and meetings, Women In Trucking has moved its annual conference online.
WIT announced recently its sixth annual Accelerate! Conference & Expo will be held online Nov. 12-13.
The association said that after monitoring the recent escalation of COVID-19 cases nationwide, as well as in Dallas where the in-person conference was originally scheduled to be held Sept. 23-25, it has been determined that focusing on a comprehensive virtual event is the best path forward for the association and attendees.
Brian Everett, organizer of the event said,“This decision was made in conjunction with soliciting feedback from more than 400 WIT members, sponsors, exhibitors and other key stakeholders, which has confirmed that our community is fully supportive of a virtual conference.”
The online conference will include:
- More than 40 educational sessions over two days focused on critical transportation issues and trends, along with perspectives of women in the industry
- Five themed tracks about Leadership, Professional Development, HR/Talent Management, Operations, and Sales and Marketing
- Panel discussions featuring insights and best practices from industry professionals and leaders, and professional drivers
- Peer-to-peer interactive roundtable discussion groups that accommodate live discussions around common areas of interest
- Virtual exhibition of products and services