New Jersey this morning announced it limit travel by commercial vehicles on eight major highways as of 1 p.m. today because of the major winter storm expected to blanket much of the Northeast with from a foot to two feet of snow. The restrictions take effect at 1 p.m.
The commercial vehicle travel restriction in New Jersey applies to the length of the following highways in both directions:
- I-78, from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-80, from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-195, from I-295 to NJ Route 138
- I-280, from I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-287, from NJ Route 440 to the New York State border
- I-295, from I-195 to the Scudders Falls Bridge (Pennsylvania border)
- Route 440, from the Outerbridge Crossing to I-287
The restriction does not apply to the New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway south of exit 105 or the Atlantic City Expressway.
The commercial vehicle travel restriction applies to: all tractor-trailers, except those listed in this Administrative Order, empty straight CDL-weight trucks, passenger vehicles pulling trailers, recreational vehicles and motorcycles.