En tries are open in an annual contest to identify and reward military veterans who are new to the trucking industry.
Since 2016, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes, Kenworth, and FASTPORT have come together to provide one deserving veteran with a fully-loaded T680 truck through the Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence award.
The nomination period for the 2021 Transition Trucking award is now open. Employers and credentialing institutions (CDL schools) can nominate up to five rookie drivers. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. EDT on July 31.
To be eligible for the Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence award, a nominee must:
- Be a legal resident of the continental United States
- Be a military veteran/prior service member or a current or former member of the National Guard or Reserves
- Have graduated from a PTDI-certified or NAPFTDS or CVTA member driving training school
- Be a current CDL holder
- Was first employed as a CDL driver between January 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021
- Agree to all the award rules
The top 10 finalists will be announced in September. After a selection committee selects the top three Transition Trucking finalists, the public has the opportunity to vote for their favorite driver between Oct. 28 and Nov. 11. In December 2021, the winner will drive away in the Kenworth truck and start on the road toward an entrepreneurial career.