On Sunday, Truckload Carriers Association members who volunteered their time and equipment to transport remembrance wreaths for Wreaths Across America were recognized for their efforts.
WAA’s Director of Transportation and the Mobile Education Exhibit Don Queeney presented awards during the Communication & Image Committee meeting held during Truckload 2022: Las Vegas at the Wynn Las Vegas.
The following carriers, WAA’s Honor Fleet members, were recognized during the presentation:
- C.R. England of Salt Lake City, Utah;
- Cargo Transporters of Claremont, North Carolina;
- Dart Transit Company of Eagan, Minnesota;
- Freymiller of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- Hartt Transportation Systems of Bangor, Maine;
- Load One, LLC of Taylor, Michigan;
- Motor Carrier Service (MCS) of Northwood, Ohio;
- Pottle’s Transportation of Hermon, Maine;
- Prime Inc. of Springfield, Missouri;
- Knight-Swift Transportation of Phoenix, Arizona; and
- U.S. Xpress, Inc. of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
“Since the first load of wreaths was delivered to Arlington National Cemetery, we have experienced overwhelming support from the transportation industry, and TCA in particular, in helping us move this mission,” said Queeney. “The carriers being recognized today are part of a group who always find a way to help deliver these important truckloads of respect year after year.”
Since 2008, the Truckload Carriers Association has helped to secure or has encouraged professional truck drivers and motor carriers, to haul remembrance wreaths each December on behalf of Wreaths Across America. Those who transport the wreaths donate their fuel, equipment, and the driver’s time for the cause.
For nearly a decade, TCA and its sponsor, Pilot Flying J, have supported WAA’s Arlington Wreath Rally which takes place the Friday evening before National Wreath Laying Day at Arlington National Cemetery. Thanks to Pilot Flying J, nearly 100 professional truck drivers and their guests receive a meal and driver appreciation gifts during the event.
To view available routes this Fall, or to complete an interest form, visit www.wreathsacrossamerica.org.