Drivers for Old Dominion Freight Lines won the grand championship and top rookie titles during the Michigan Trucking Association's annual Truck Driving Championships held last weekend in Lansing.
Chad Williams won the grand champion title and Rudy Gauna was this year's top rookie.
Class winners included:
- 3 Axle: Rudy Gauna, Old Dominion Freight Lines
- 4 Axle: Ronald Metternick, FedEx Freight
- 5 Axle: Roger Lester, Yello
- Flatbed: Mark Behr, ABF Freight
- Sleeper Berth: Wayne Gootee, Walmart
- Straight Truck: Thomas Truskowski, FedEx Freight
- Tanker: Daniel Ross, Yello
- Twins: Chad Williams, Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Step Van: Eric Halchishak, Walmart
Winners in each division go on to the ATA National Trucking Driving Championship held in Columbus, Ohio Aug.16-19.