For the second year in a row, a FedEx Freight driver is the grand champion of the Trucking Association of New York's Truck Driving Championships and Step Van Competition held last weekend in Syracuse.
John Jadrossich was this year's grand champion. He also won the event in 2022.
Other winners included:
- Team Trophy: FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Mike Guanciale Written Exam Award: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- Pre-trip Inspection Award: Mark McLean, FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Rookie of the Year: Gogal Daulton, FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Ray Dagostino Award: Michael Mastroianni, Golub Corporation (Retired)
Class winners include:
- Step Van: Patrick Collins, FedEx Express
- 3-Axle: John Jadrossich, FedEx Freight, Inc.
- 4-Axle: Marty McMahon, RIST Transport, Ltd.
- 5-Axle: Randy Merle, FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Flatbed: Randy Swart, FedEx Express
- Tanker: Matthew Benson, Dairy Farmers of America NE Logistics, Inc.
- Twin Trailers: Mark McLean, FedEx Freight, Inc.
- Sleeper Berth: David Cady, Walmart Supply Chain
- Straight Truck: James Kohr, FedEx Express
Class winners will represent New York in the national competition, which is Aug. 16-19 in Columbus, Ohio.