A national women’s trucking organization is holding and essay contest and the prize package includes a Volvo VNL670.
Women in Trucking will award the 2014 model Volvo at its annual “Salute to Women Behind the Wheel” at the Mid-America Trucking Show next spring in Louisville. The truck is donated by Arrow Truck Sales, Inc., which has its headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri.
To qualify, a driver must:
- complete an application form to verify eligibility
- write a short essay on why it is important to attract more women into the trucking industry
- be at least 23 years old
- hold a valid commercial driver’s license
- be a member in good standing of WIT before Sept. 30
Applications will be accepted until Nov. 15.
“We are thrilled to be able to give a truck to one of our members at our annual “Salute to Women Behind the Wheel,” said Voie. “I am especially looking forward to handing over the keys to the Volvo to allow one deserving member the chance of a lifetime, thanks to Arrow Truck Sales and their very generous donation.”
Jim Stevenson, Arrow Director of National Accounts, also serves on the Women In Trucking Board of Directors said, “Arrow has long been supportive of equality and diversity efforts within the trucking industry. We look at this as an opportunity to help a WIT member by providing a late model Volvo truck to support his or her success as an owner-operator.”
In addition to the Volvo, the recipient will receive products and services from these members:
- National Truck Protection: One year/120k mile engine warranty ($2,950)
- One year After Treatment system warranty ($995)
- ATBS: One year “RumbleStrip Essentials” financial services ($700)
- FlowBelow: Tractor AeroKit™ wheel fairings and wheel covers ($2,135)
- Michelin: 10 BF Goodrich tires ($4,500)
- Rand McNally: OverDryve 8 Pro ($600) &
- One year Sirius/XM subscription ($260)
- Velvac: Road IQ Connected Vehicle Vision Platform ($3,500)
- Wired Truck: Omnitracs IVG unit ($1,900)