A recent survey by a trucking industry research organization identified the 100 worst bottlenecks for truck traffic on U.S. highways. The annual study found these traffic chokepoints cost the trucking industry more than $74 billion and waste 1.2 billion hours of trucking time each year.
The smart professional driver, if they can, will avoid these bottlenecks or maneuver through them in the most efficient way at the best time. Doing that means having finely-honed driver instincts and proper technology.
The TomTom Trucker 620 GPS can help even the best driver navigate these places. Loaded with features truckers need, the TomTom Trucker 620 is a GPS built for the needs and demands of the driver who must have reliable information to make safe choices on the road.
With a 6-inch screen and built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, the Trucker 620 delivers its impressive services by voice control, meaning you keep your hands on the wheel but still get your smartphone’s messages and make outgoing calls.
The Trucker 620 delivers:
- customized routes for your truck’s specific dimensions, weight, cargo, and maximum speed
- alerts for congestion ahead
- smartphone messages read to you from your SMS and iMessage
- locations for parking, truck stops, travel centers, fuel stations, restaurants and service centers
- Voice access to Siri or Google Now using the device’s built-in microphone
- lifetime truck maps delivered at no extra cost via WiFi
- lifetime TomTom Traffic, which tells you how to avoid traffic, both on highways and secondary roads
The Trucker 620’s speaker and microphone deliver quality, hands-free calls. Just connect your phone via Bluetooth, and you’ll see who’s calling on your Trucker 620’s screen.
The TomTom Trucker 620 attaches to the dash of your truck with an easy to use magnetic mounting device.
Available online and in travel centers.