Like many other trucking events, a major conference for women in the trucking industry moves online later this fall.
The Women In Trucking Association recently announced its Nov. 12-13 annual Accelerate! Virtual Conference & Expo will be held online, and the keynote speaker will be Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao. The virtual conference will feature more than 40 educational sessions on transportation issues and trends, along with insights from women in the industry.
“This event brings together those in the transportation and logistics industry who have a keen interest in how gender diversity can have a positive impact on businesses within our industry,” said Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO. “It will provide knowledge, new ideas, best practices, and virtual networking that will support the overall industry’s efforts in generating more diversity as well as WIT’s overall mission: To encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face.”
The conference focuses on five educational tracks: leadership, professional development, HR/talent management, operations, and sales and marketing. Primary sessions include:
- “Futurenomics: An Economic Snapshot and What to Do Next,” by Dr. Mary Kelly, an internationally renowned author and leader
- “Strategies to Turn Uncertainty to Competitive Advantage,” by Meredith Elliott Powell, who is regularly featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Investment News
- “Voice of the Professional Driver,” a panel to provide unique perspectives and an understanding of life on the road
- “Becoming a Women of Influence,” a panel to provide insights and life experiences from six finalists of the 2020 WIT Influential Woman In Trucking award
- “Successful Careers through Productivity and Performance” from a panel of women who have established successful careers and have been named the 2020 “Top Women To Watch in Transportation”
- “Inclusive Leadership: How to Mitigate Unconscious Bias” by Melanie Miller, a professional speaker on women’s issues
- “Taking Transportation Forward: The WIT Diversity and Inclusion Index,” a conversation led by Mark Murrell and Jane Jazrawy, co-founders of CarriersEdge
The event also will highlight a virtual expo that will feature numerous organizations, products and services, and a technology tour that will enable participants to be on a video tour of emerging technologies that have an impact on over-the-road trucking.
The conference is available at two primary levels: premium access that gives attendees unlimited access to all educational sessions and virtual networking, and standard access that gives access to all educational sessions. There are special opportunities for professional drivers and students also to participate. For full details and to register, visit http://www.WomenInTrucking.org.
Drivers and students can register for $295 for WIT members and $395 for non-members.