More power, a dashboard-mounted control panel, additional ports and outlets and a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone app are among the new features in PowerDrive 2.0, an upgrade to the line of inverters for truckers.
PowerDrive 2.0 includes a lineup of nine inverters, as well as the PowerDrive 300 Amp Rechargeable Jump Start System. All inverters, ranging from 100 watts to the new 3,000-watt unit, have been upgraded with additional features.
Among the new features:
- A new 3000-watt inverter is the most powerful in the PowerDrive lineup, and is capable of running refrigerators and other appliances that make life on the road more comfortable. Other inverters are available in 2000, 1500, 1000, 750, 300, 150, 120 and 100 watts.
- A removable control panel that can be mounted on the dashboard allows drivers to use the inverters without having to reach under the seat or take their eyes off the road. This safety and convenience feature is available in the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters.
- A PowerDrive app (Android-approved; iOS approval pending) allows users to remotely access inverter features from their smartphones or tablets from up to 66 feet away through Bluetooth® connectivity. (Available for the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters.)
- All nine PowerDrive inverters now have two USB ports with 5-volt DC output to allow more devices to be charged.
- More three-prong AC outlets for flexible charging combinations: four in the 3000, 2000, 1500 and 1000 watt inverters; three in the 150 watt inverter; two in the 750 and 300 watt inverters and one in the 120 and 100 watt versions.
- The inverters now illuminate when in use, making it easier to see controls and check that the inverters are reliably powered.
PowerDrive 2.0 retains the popular features that made the original lineup rugged, versatile and reliable: a tach switch, 24-inch heavy duty installation cables optimized for maximum power, swivel direct plugs for mounting ease in tight places, replaceable fuses, an output wattage indicator and voice alarm.