XPO Logistics, Inc. today announced it is filling more than 1,400 positions -- including those for 750 professional drivers -- across North America to meet the growing demand for its less-than-truckload services. The expansion prompted as the economy rebounds from COVID-19, according to a statement from the company, which is headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut.
XPO said it has 100 openings for candidates who want to earn pay as a dockworker while training tuition-free for a commercial driving career with the company. Applicants can search all open positions by location and keyword on XPO’s Careers site, and apply online.
Josephine Berisha, chief human resources officer of XPO, said, “We’re proud that our LTL operations are a strong source of jobs creation, and that our customers will have this additional support. We look forward to welcoming over 1,400 new team members – and more after that as the year progresses.”
The company said it offers qualified applicants a compensation package that includes:
- Competitive pay and benefits, with benefits starting on the first day of employment
- Training and technology that enhances job satisfaction
- An accelerated path for hourly workers to reach top pay rate, merit increases, performance rewards, and flexible shifts
- Tuition reimbursement for recent CDL-A driver school graduates
- The ability to explore career paths within the company
XPO has 290 service centers in North America. It moves some 17 billion pounds of freight each year. The company said it's seeing increased LTL activity from several sources, including an improvement in the industrial economy and the rapid growth of e-commerce, which is driving more retail shipments to LTL carriers.
XPO recently honored 230 of its LTL drivers for accident-free achievements of one, two, or three million miles in 2020.