Seven company drivers are among the 10 finalists in this year's Trucker Talent Search presented by Truckers News sister publication Overdrive and Red Eye Radio.
This year's semi-finalists include:
- Paul Hill, company driver, TNB Quality Carriers
- Rich Scripps, company driver, Grassmid Transport
- Paul Pedersen, company driver, Northern Construction and Ayr Motor Express
- David Michaels, owner-operator, Balkan Xpedite
- Duane Cliatt, owner-operator, Kelva Express LLC
- Rocky Quetel, company driver, Annapolis City Fire Department
- Mike Sheffield, company driver, ELP
- Billy Penny, owner-operator, Penny’s Transport
- Clark Wilkinson, company driver, Cardinal Logistics
- Guy Archer, company driver, Airgas USA LLC
The field will be narrowed to three singers/truckers and they will compete for the top spot by performing another song. Overdrive will air their final competition in June in an evening streaming event, which will conclude with naming the winner.
That musician will receive a full day’s recording session at Jay’s Place Recording on Nashville, Tennessee's historic Music Row, complete with backing provided by professional studio musicians, as well as song mixing and production.