The 2022 U.S. Capitol Christmas tree will travel from the National Forests in North Carolina to Washington, D.C., with stops en route for numerous community celebrations.
This year’s U.S. Capitol Christmas tree – a 78-foot tall Red Spruce – is scheduled to be harvested Nov. 2 from the Pisgah National Forest in North Carolina. The tour theme is “From the Mountains to the Sea.”
The schedule for the tree's delivery includes::
- Nov. 5: Western North Carolina Agricultural Center, Fletcher, N.C.
- Nov. 6: Cherokee County Courthouse, Murphy, N.C.
- Nov. 6: Oconaluftee Island Park Event Site, Cherokee, N.C.
- Nov. 7: Pisgah Forest Ranger Station & Visitor Center, Pisgah Forest, N.C.
- Nov. 7: Marion Main Street, Marion, N.C.
- Nov. 8: Avery County Cooperative Extension Center, Newland, N.C.
- Nov. 8: Watauga High School, Boone, N.C.
- Nov. 8: Downtown Newton, Newton, N.C.
- Nov. 9: Veteran’s Memorial Park, Mount Airy, N.C.
- Nov. 9: Troy Town Hall, Troy, N.C.
- Nov. 10: North Carolina Zoo, Asheboro, N.C.
- Nov. 11: North Carolina Veteran's Home, Kinston, N.C.
- Nov. 12: Union Point Park, New Bern, N.C.
- Nov. 13: Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, Manteo, N.C.
- Nov. 14: Suffolk Visitors Center, Suffolk, Va.
- -Nov. 18: Delivery to West Lawn, U.S. Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.
- Nov. 30: Tree Lighting Ceremony, Washington, D.C.
Hardy Brothers Trucking was chosen to transport the tree. Founded in 1965, the Siloam, North Carolina-based company has more than 100 dedicated drivers pulling refrigerated trailers and hauling freight from coast to coast.
The Hardy Brothers Trucking husband-and-wife driver team of Harold “Ed” Kingdon Jr. and Deborah Z. Kingdon was selected by the company for the honor of transporting the special tree.
“Kenworth is proud to play a key role in helping deliver the ‘People’s Tree’ to Washington, D.C. for the ninth consecutive year,” said Genevieve Bekkerus, Kenworth director of marketing. “The tour offers numerous opportunities to see this national symbol of celebration out on the highway or at the community events, and the Kenworth T680 Next Gen is the right truck for this important undertaking.”