Let’s face it, the day’s so called three square meals — breakfast, lunch and dinner — are sometimes not enough.
Often what you need is something in between, but snacking can also be that path to weight gain.
But, if you’re smart, you can snack without having to buy a new larger pair of pants. Allow yourself some healthy fresh fruits and vegetables in reasonable amounts. For example:
- a medium-size apple (72 calories)
- a medium-size banana (105 calories)
- 1 cup steamed green beans (44 calories)
- 1 cup blueberries (83 calories)
- 1 cup grapes (100 calories)
- 1 cup carrots (45 calories), broccoli (30 calories), or bell peppers (30 calories) with 2 tbsp. hummus (46 calories)