Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving anymore. Turkey wraps are a great light lunch option and don’t require any cooking. Put a twist on the traditional meat-cheese-bread sandwich by trying out a turkey wrap with avocado salsa.
This Mayo Clinic turkey wrap recipe has 226 calories and 253 miligrams of sodium per serving.
Turkey Wrap Recipe
- 12 ounces sliced deli turkey (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (12-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thin sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- Mash avocado with salsa, mix well and set aside.
- Spread avocado salsa evenly over two tortillas. Even distribute cabbage, carrots, tomato slices and turkey between the two tortillas. Pile the ingredients in the center, running the length of the tortilla.
- Fold closest side of tortilla up toward you. Next, fold sides over and roll up, leaving seam on the bottom. Cut each tortilla in half. Serve.
- Makes: 4 servings, 1/2 wrap each
- Calories: 226
- Total fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 2 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 3 grams
- Cholesterol: 59 miligrams
- Sodium: 253 miligrams
- Total carbohydrate: 15 grams
- Dietary fiber: 4 grams
- Sugars: 0 grams
- Protein: 28 grams