National Tank Truck Carriers has named eight drivers as finalists for its Professional Tank Truck Driver of the Year Award.
The 2015-16 finalists are:
- Ronald Baird, Hoffman Transportation/G&D Trucking, Channahon, Ill.
- James Orik Daniels, Florida Rock & Tank Lines, Jacksonville Fla.
- Willie Harris, Service Transport Co, Houston, Texas
- William Scott Harrison, K-Limited Carrier, Toledo, Ohio
- David McCormick, A&R Logistics, Morris, Ill.
- Darryl Nowell, Eagle Transport Corp, Rocky Mount, NC
- Todd Stine, Carbon Express, Wharton, NJ
- Donald Tomberlin, Miller Transporters, Jackson, Miss.
“The professionalism of the entire group made the judging process extremely difficult this year,” said NTTC Chairman Harold Sumerford Jr. “All of our applicants should be proud of their performance and commitment to safety.”
The champions will now move forward to the final round of the selection process, which will be held Jan. 20 in Arlington, Va. A panel of industry officials will judge the contestants on their knowledge of the tank truck industry, dedication to safety, ability to communicate the industry’s messages and overall safe driving record.
The 2015-2016 Grand Champion will be announced NTTC’s 68th Annual Conference & Exhibits on April 25 in San Diego.
Baldwin & Lyons Inc is the official sponsor of the Professional Tank Truck Driver of the Year program.