Yet another company has lost trucks to fire.
Seven 20-ton dump trucks were destroyed Wednesday in a fire at Indianapolis-based Wells Peden Trucking. The loss is estimated to be more than $1 million, according to a report in the Indianapolis Star.
The blaze, which began Wednesday morning, remains under investigation, and no injuries were reported.
There have been several trucking related fires in recent months, including:
- 6 trucks destroyed in a fire in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- 3 tractor-trailers destroyed in a fire at a truck stop in Ohio
- 6 truckers were destroyed at an XPO facility in New York
- a North Dakota trucking company’s facility was damaged in January
- fire damaged a trucking firm in Upstate New York late last year