What trucking industry issues are making you lose sleep?
The American Transportation Research Institute wants to know. It launched its 15th annual survey recently asking people in the trucking industry to rank the top issues of concern for the industry along with appropriate strategies for addressing each issue.
Issues on this year’s survey include:
- Automated Truck Technology
- Compliance, Safety, Accountability
- Detention/Delay at Customer Facilities
- Diesel Technician Shortage
- Driver Compensation
- Driver Distraction
- Driver Health and Wellness
- Driver Retention
- Driver Shortage
- Driver Training Standards
- ELD Mandate
- Federal Preemption of State Regulations of Interstate Trucking
- Fuel Prices/Fuel Quality
- Independent Contractor Status
- Insurance Availability/Cost
- Marijuana Legalization
- Speed Limiters
- Tolls and Creative Financing
- Tort Reform
- Trade and Tariffs
- Transportation Infrastructure/Congestion/Funding
- Truck Electrification
- Truck Parking
- Truck Size and Weight
- Truck Security/Cargo Theft
The results of the 2019 survey will be released at the ATA Management Conference and Exhibition, to be held Oct. 5-9 in San Diego.
The survey remains open through Sept. 20.