The nomination period is now open for the “Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence” program that recognizes America’s top military veteran rookie truck driver.
Fastport, Kenworth and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes initiative are joining together for the fifth consecutive year to put on the program. The nomination deadline is July 31, 2020. Nomination forms can be found here.
The winner of the award will receive a new Kenworth T680 equipped with a 76-inch sleeper and a Paccar MX-13 engine with a Paccar 12-speed automated transmission and Paccar 40K tandem rear axles.
The top driver will be determined by a panel of judges. To qualify, drivers must meet four eligibility requirements:
- Must have been active military or member of the National Guard or Reserve
- Graduated from a trucking school that is PTDI-certified, or a member of the National Association of Publicly Funded Truck Driving
- Schools or Commercial Vehicle Training Association, and hold a valid CDL
- Employed by a trucking company that has made a hiring commitment and pledge to hire veterans on the Trucking Track Mentoring Program website
- First hired in a trucking position between Jan. 1, 2019, and July 31, 2020