The Truckload Carriers Association, and Great West Casualty Company, named 18 division winners in the 45th Annual TCA Fleet Safety Awards competition. These awards identify trucking companies that have demonstrated a strong commitment to safety, according to TCA.
The top three winning companies in each of six mileage-based divisions had the lowest accident frequency ratios per million miles, annually.
Division I winners (less than 5 million miles):
- First place: Diamond Transportation System Inc.
- Second place: Spring Creek Carriers Inc.
- Third place: FTC Transportation Inc.
Division II winners (5-14.99 million miles):
- First place: Mill Creek Motor Freight
- Second place: Double Diamond Transport Inc.
- Third place: AAT Carriers
Division III winners (15-24.99 million miles):
- First place: Elgin Motor Freight
- Second place: Grand Island Express Inc.
- Third place: Smokey Point Distributing
Division IV winners (25-49.99 million miles):
- First place: Bay & Bay Transportation
- Second place: Erb International Inc.
- Third place: Johnson Feed Inc.
Division V winners (50-99.99 million miles):
- First place: Groupe Robert Inc.
- Second place: Wilson Logistics
- Third place: Freymiller
Division VI winners (100 million or more miles):
- First place: Bison Transport
- Second place: May Trucking Company
- Third place: CFI
The 18 division winners have been invited to compete for one of two grand prizes – one for carriers with a total annual mileage less than 25 million miles, and the other for carriers with mileage greater than 25 million miles.
Grand prize winners will be announced at TCA’s 2021 Annual Convention, April 17-20 at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort.