The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge have announced the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For. These 20 for-hire trucking companies from across North America are recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees, according to the TCA and CarriersEdge.
Those 20 companies include:
- American Central Transport — Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport Inc. — Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. — Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger — Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Chief Carriers, Inc. — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Erb Transport — New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. — Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. — Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc. — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. — Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. — Superior, Wisconsin
- Jetco Delivery — Houston, Texas
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. — Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. — Defiance, Ohio
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited — Milton, Ontario, Canada
- Wellington Motor Freight — Aberfoyle, Ontario, Canada
- Wilson Logistics Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge identified five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- AirTime Express — Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Boyd Bros. Transportation — Clayton, Alabama
- Carbon Express, Inc. — Wharton, New Jersey
- K & J Trucking — Sioux Falls, North Dakota
- Western Dairy Transport — Cabool, Missouri
This year, Grand Island Express achieved the milestone of 10 consecutive years on the list. Additionally, Garner Trucking has reached a milestone of five consecutive years on the list.
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention — Truckload 2021: Las Vegas — being held April 17-20 at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort. The overall winner awards are sponsored by EpicVue and TruckRight.
“We are proud to recognize the winners of the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For contest,” said TCA President John Lyboldt. “In a year where the essential services provided by our industry have come into public focus, it is especially important to acknowledge those carriers who are going above and beyond in setting the standards for workplace satisfaction. Each of the Top 20 winners should take pride in the dedication they have shown to our essential workforce.”
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.