Twenty-two professional drivers have been named to the latest corps of America's Road Team Captains. The American Trucking Associations made the announcement on Facebook Live Tuesday night, Jan. 18.
America's Road Team Captains for 2022-2023 are:
- Bob Bramwell, ABF Freight System, Centerview, Missouri
- Michael Buck, Yellow, Moore, Oklahoma
- Teddy Butler, ABF Freight System, Hampton, Georgia
- Kevin Byrnes, United Parcel Service, Sparta, New Jersey
- Jesus Davila, Werner Enterprises, San Antonio, Texas
- Ken Duncan, Walmart Transportation, Gorham, Maine
- James Ellis, Grammer Logistics, Erwin, North Carolina
- Lalo Fernandez, FedEx Freight, Battle Ground, Oregon
- Richard Frazer, Yellow, Rockford, Illinois
- Charlie Fuller, FedEx Freight, Pembroke Pines, Florida
- Ritch Fundell, FedEx Freight, Tonica, Illinois
- Salvador Gonzalez, TForce Freight, Ocala, Florida
- Darrien Henderson, J&M Tank Lines Inc., Mobile, Alabama
- Gina Jones, Werner Enterprises, Peoria, Arizona
- Dean Key, Ruan Transportation Management Systems, Primghar, Iowa
- Glen Allen Kirk, Old Dominion Freight Line, Franklin, Indiana
- Jeff Rose, Yellow, Creston, Ohio
- Ron Round, Pottle’s Transportation LLC, Enfield, Maine
- David Schroeder, FedEx Freight, Bellaire, Ohio
- Eric Stein, Werner Enterprises Inc., Canajoharie, New York
- PJ Singh, Penske Logistics, Stockton, California
- Derrick Thorpe, TForce Freight, Rahway, New Jersey
The drivers will serve two year's as trucking industry ambassadors, traveling the country to spread the message of safe driving, while teaching about the trucking industry and its opportunities.
This year’s class includes drivers from 13 companies, 17 states, and includes drivers with a total of more than 564 years of experience and 45,774,455 miles of accident-free driving.
The drivers were judged on their ability to express their knowledge of the industry, their skills in effective communication about safety and transportation, and their overall safe-driving record. The panel of judges included trucking executives and trade press.
“This industry, like our country, is diverse, hard-working and patriotic, and this new class of America’s Road Team Captains reflects all of that,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear. “I’m proud that they will be representing the industry and ATA as our newest and best ambassadors – educating the country about trucking’s essential role in keeping America moving safely and efficiently."
"Volvo Trucks is honored for the 20th consecutive year to continue our sponsorship of America's Road Team with a new Volvo VNL 760 and take part in this week's selection of the 2022-2023 Captains," said Volvo Trucks North America President Peter Voorhoeve. "America's Road Team is one of the most visible groups of professional truck drivers in the country, and we believe that their hard work to promote the profession and safety pays dividends for our industry."