The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance is accepting nominations for the 2022 International Driver Excellence Award.
Each year CVSA recognizes the exceptional careers of professional commercial motor vehicle drivers and their commitment to public safety through its driver excellence award. This annual award recognizes individuals who go above and beyond the performance of their duties as a commercial vehicle driver, distinguishing themselves conspicuously and beyond the call of duty through the achievement of safe operation and compliance carried out with evident distinction for an extended period of time. The nominated individual must be of personal character beyond reproach with no disqualifying past behavior, as indicated in the IDEA award criteria.
Nominees must have:
- At least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- No felony convictions
- No safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- No driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner violations
The IDEA winner will receive:
- A check for $2,500
- A crystal trophy
- Airfare for the winner and one guest to Rapid City, South Dakota to receive his/her award
- Two-night hotel stay in Rapid City
The IDEA winner will be presented with his/her award and receive public recognition at the CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition in the fall. Announcement of the IDEA winner will be shared nationally through a press release, as well as on the CVSA website and through social media. A feature article on the award winner will run in CVSA’s quarterly magazine, “Guardian.”
This year, CVSA is accepting nominations and the supporting documentation through an online nomination form. Partial applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
The deadline to complete and submit the online nomination form and supporting documentation is May 20. All nominators will receive notification confirming CVSA’s receipt of their nomination application.