CarriersEdge, a provider of online driver training for the trucking industry, recently added new courses that address mental health challenges for truck drivers and personal security issues that drivers may encounter on the road.
The new course, “Mental Health,” is designed to increase awareness about mental health challenges and provide drivers with solutions to improve their mental well-being on the road. After completing the course, drivers will be able to:
- Explain the difference between good mental health and mental illness
- List the mental health challenges that commonly affect professional drivers
- Describe how lifestyle choices can affect mental health
- List methods to support good mental health on the road
CarriersEdge’s new course, “Personal Security,” is designed to help increase a driver’s awareness about personal security threats and provide information on what to do if a driver finds themself in a dangerous situation. At the end of this course, drivers will be able to:
- Recognize various situations that pose a threat to their personal security
- Describe methods thieves can use to target their load
- Explain why cargo theft is difficult to prevent
- Explain how to protect themselves at each stage of the delivery process
- Describe how to de-escalate potentially threatening situations
“Mental Health” and “Personal Security” are now available to customers at no extra charge, as part of the CarriersEdge subscription service.
Roadrunner receives Elite Carrier Award
Illinois-based LTL carrier Roadrunner recently announced it had received an Elite Carrier Award from Total Quality Logistics, the second-largest freight brokerage and one of the largest third-party logistics firms in North America, at the SMC3 supply chain intelligence event in Atlanta..
The award is part of TQL's Preferred LTL Carrier Program which measures LTL carriers on key performance metrics including shipments handled in their network, on-time service, claims ratio, and technology integration capabilities to ensure the best quality for their customers.
According to the company, the receipt of the Elite Carrier Award comes after Roadrunner announced reduced transit times in 130 major lanes by one to four days, launched one-day service on its signature Chicago-to-SoCal and SoCal-to-Chicago lanes, and debuted its new Haul Now app which delivers real-time tracking for its customers. These enhancements to its network represented Roadrunner's fourth round of transit time improvements over the past 18 months.