Five truckers have been named Drivers of the Year by the Truckload Carriers Association.
On Tuesday evening March 7, during the annual closing banquet at TCA's annual convention in Orlando, TCA and sponsors Cummins Inc and Love’s Travel Stops announced the winners, including:
- Richard Boehrer, Knight Refrigerated
- Daniel Clark, Classic Carriers
- Emily Plummer, Prime Inc.
- Rose Rojo, John Christner Trucking
- Thomas Sholar, Maverick Transportation
Each driver received $25,000.
They were selected from a pool of drivers nominated for their commitment to safety, demonstrable leadership on and off the road, and contributions to the success of their companies, the trucking industry, and their communities.
You can read each driver’s story online and watch a short driver feature video.
The contest was sponsored by Love's Travel Stops and Cummins.