Dubuque, Iowa-based carrier Hirschbach Motor Lines received two awards for service recently.
Lineage Logistics, a temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider, announced 11 winners of its first-ever carrier of the year awards program, which was designed to honor key transportation service providers for their high-quality service, operational excellence and integral role in helping Lineage meet the needs of its customers.
The list of the winners includes:
- Felipe Escalante – Truckload Owner-Operator of the Year
- J.S. Helwig & Son LLC – Regional Truckload Carrier of the Year
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc. – National Truckload Carrier of the Year
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc. – Dedicated Truckload Carrier of the Year
- R.W. Bozel Transfer, Inc. – Regional Less-Than-Truckload Carrier of the Year
- Windy City National Trans. – Rising Star Award (onboarded in 2022 with excellent service)
- ATS Intermodal – East Region Drayage Carrier of the Year
- Brahima Kante – East Region Drayage Owner-Operator of the Year
- Perez Express – West Region Drayage Carrier of the Year
- Ciprian Torres – West Region Drayage Owner-Operator of the Year
- Land Transportation, Inc. – Drayage Dedicated Carrier of the Year
Lineage selected the 2022 winners based on a list of criteria around performance, using quantitative and qualitative data to support the selection process.
ATA hires VP of energy and environmental affairs
The American Trucking Associations announced it has hired Jacqueline Gelb as vice president of energy and environmental affairs.
Gelb joins ATA from Navistar Inc., where she had been vice president of government relations since 2017. Originally hired by Navistar in 2011, Gelb previously worked for Sen. Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) as the senator’s chief policy advisor on a number of issues including energy, the environment and transportation.
“With the pace of innovation and regulation, accelerating, addressing environmental issues and energy is a top priority for trucking, and I can’t think of anyone more qualified to represent our industry’s vision for this future than Jacqueline,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear. “Her expertise and experience make her a leading authority on the critical issues facing our industry and we are pleased that she is part of our team.