- 26 bones
- 33 joints
- more than 120 muscles, ligaments, and nerves
If you said one of your feet, then you really know your body.
Not only do your feet carry your weight for thousands of steps each day, but as a truck driver they’re essential to the operation of your vehicle, and, therefore, your livelihood.
But, how many of us give our feet the proper attention they deserve? Often we shove them into shoes that look good or are what’s on sale, rather than ones that protect and care for our feet.
The next time you’re in the market for shoes, keep these tips in mind from the folks at Fix.com. Follow these common-sense suggestions for getting the right fit:
- Buy shoes late in the day
- Wear the type of sock that you’ll wear most often with the shoe
- Always measure both feet in socks to determine their current size
- Spread the toes out to make sure the shoe is wide enough
- Stand and make sure there’s a finger width of room between the big toe and the tip
- Don’t assume shoes will stretch or become more comfortable over time
- Try on several pairs of shoes
- Walk around the store in the shoes before buying them
Source: Fix.com Blog