Often, many of us go to doctor only when something is wrong. And, for the typical truck driver, there may not always be enough time for much else.
However, it’s important for women to see their health care provider for some specialized screenings. Those include:
- An annual physical allows your physician to detect early signs of any problems, and includes blood screening and a Pap smear
- Cervical exam every three to five years
- Your first mammogram at age 40 and then one every year or two
- Colonoscopy at age 50; then every 10 years if the first is normal
- A bone-density scan at age 65
Of course, ask your health care provider for advice specific to your age, health history and personal circumstances.