One recall affects 1,007 model year 2013-2017 Freightliner Cascadia trucks manufactured between Sept. 24, 2012, and May 27, 2015, equipped with compressed natural gas engines.
The company says it will begin notifying affected truck owners Nov. 7, and will relocate the module free of charge.
The other recall affects approximately 156 trucks equipped with Conmet aluminum non-high capacity front axle hubs manufactured between March 15, 2013, and July 29, 2016. Daimler says the following trucks specify a front axle weight limit that could be higher than the hub capacity, causing the hub to fail and the wheel separating from the axle:
- 2014-2017 Freightliner 108SD
- 2014-2017 Freightliner 114SD
- 2014-2017 Freightliner Business Class M2
- 2014-2017 Freightliner Cascadia
- 2014-2017 Freightliner Coronado
- 2014-2017 Western Star 4700
- 2014-2017 Western star 4800
- 2014-2017 Western Star 5700
Daimler says it will begin notifying owners of this recall Oct. 27 and will replace the front axle hubs free of charge.