The 36th annual Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs truck contest rolls into White’s Travel Center in Raphine, Virginia Thursday, June 14 through Saturday, June 16. White’s is situated just off Interstates 81 and 64.
The theme for this year’s free event is “Tribute to Toughness.”
At the center of SuperRigs is the truck beauty contest for working trucks. Owner/operators from across the United States and Canada compete for more than $25,000 in cash and prizes. Twelve drivers will be selected to have their trucks featured in the 2019 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar.
“Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs contestants and attendees will have the opportunity to experience some of the most spectacular looking working trucks on the road,” said Megan Pino, global brand manager, Shell ROTELLA. “The trucks are a testament to the drivers that put in the hard work to make them a source of pride for the trucking industry.”
Truck judging takes place between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday and between 7:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday.
Also at SuperRigs this year:
- Starship Initiative Truck. This fuel-efficient Class 8 truck is fresh from its cross-country drive, during which this next generation concept truck demonstrated ways to reduce the energy use associated with the transportation of goods.
- NHRA Star Matt Hagan. The two-time NHRA Funny Car World Champion is at the show Thursday, to meet with fans.
- Fireworks. On Thursday, there will be a live concert featuring Australian country singer-songwriter Jayne Denham, the SuperRigs’ light competition, and fireworks.
- Truck Parade. The SuperRigs truck parade will take the participants from White’s Travel Center to historic downtown Lexington Friday. There will be a live concert by trucker and musician Tony Justice.
- Medical checkups. In conjunction with the St. Christopher Trucker Relief Fund, the Medicine Shoppe will conduct complimentary health checks throughout the show.