This Is Where I Leave You | R
Think of this comedy with serious overtones as The Big Chill set within a Jewish family after the death of its patriarch. A dysfunctional family (Is there any other kind in Hollywood’s mind?) gathers to “sit shiva,” the Jewish tradition of gathering for a week at the time of a death. This Is Where I Leave You has numerous complex story lines running through it and an equally complex cast. The movie stars:
- Jason Bateman as Judd Altman, the middle boy of the four Altman siblings. He is married to Quinn, whom he recently caught cheating on him with his boss.
- Tina Fey as Wendy Altman, one of the four siblings; a responsible mother who is married to Barry and has two kids.
- Adam Driver as Phillip Altman, the youngest of the four siblings; the playboy of the family who thinks he is an entrepreneur.
- Corey Stoll as Paul Altman, the oldest of the four siblings; the no-nonsense brother who is responsible for the family business. He is married to Annie.
- Kathryn Hahn as Annie Altman, Paul’s wife. She and Paul have been trying to conceive.
- Connie Britton as Tracy Sullivan, Phillip’s girlfriend and therapist.
- Abigail Spencer as Quinn Altman, Judd’s estranged wife.
- Jane Fonda as Hillary Altman, the widowed mother of Judd, Phillip, Wendy and Paul, and celebrity psychologist and writer.
DVD $14.99 and Blu-ray $19.99