TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel centers honor drivers during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week by hosting events, including driver health fairs at numerous locations through Oct. 2.
Each location will be handing out driver appreciation giveaways. There will also be an array of goodies, games and music at many of the sites during their event.
“Millions of professional drivers deliver our goods across America safely, securely and on time every day,” said Tom O’Brien, president and CEO of TravelCenters. “Not only are they handling one of our economy’s most demanding and important jobs, but they are also helping keep our highways safe. It’s important we take the time to honor these hard working and committed individuals for not only their dedication, but for continually moving America forward.”
The health fairs will include health care professionals conducting blood-pressure screenings and glucose testing. Other activities will vary by location, such as bean bag toss, basketball, dog washing, live bands and truck windshield washing.
TA and Petro focus on driver health through its StayFit program, which was launched nearly six years ago, to assist truckers in getting more healthy and fit. The program includes healthier meal options at TA and Petro full-service restaurants and better-for-you snack options in the travel stores.
Additionally, free fitness rooms, walking trails and basketball courts are offered at a variety of locations nationwide.
Health fairs will be held at:
- TA Eloy: 2949 N. Toltec Rd., Eloy, Ariz.
- Petro Ontario East: 4325 East Guasti Rd., Ontario, Calif.
- TA Cartersville: 981 Cassville White Rd., Cartersville, Ga.
- TA Boise: 4115 South Broadway Ave., Boise, Idaho
- TA Clayton: 10346 South State Rd. 39, Clayton, Ind.
- Petro Clearwater: 950 State Hwy 24, Clearwater, Minn.
- TA Pembroke: 8420 Alleghany Rd., Corfu, NY
- TA West Greenwich: 849 Victory Hwy, West Greenwich, RI
- TA New Braunfels: 4817 I-35 Frontage Rd., New Braunfels, Texas