For most Americans, Thanksgiving is a day to slow down, gather with friends and family, count their blessings and maybe even eat too much.
While many of America’s professional drivers will be among those at the family dinner table Thursday, many will be on the road as some freight waits for no holiday.
For those hard-working souls, we give thanks and remind them:
- They’ll be sharing the road with a record number of holiday travelers now through Sunday.
- To keep a close eye on their cargo as thieves use the holiday to often ply their stealthy trade.
- Many state troopers from California to North Carolina will also be working on Thanksgiving weekend with a special enforcement effort the length of Interstate 40.
- Several travel centers are giving thanks for their truck driver customers with free Thanksgiving meals on Thursday. Just show your CDL.
- As they do at the holidays, Meals on 18 Wheels is helping ensure that truckers on the road on Thursday get a hot meal delivered.
- TA Petro has listed the hours of its locations for the holiday.
- You can enjoy the bounty of Thanksgiving and still keep your wellness plan on track.
If you’re still on the road tomorrow, Black Friday, you can enjoy a free coffee of any size at Pilot Flying J with a special offer in the Pilot Flying J app.
It’s operations as usual at Love’s – except for Speedco. Thursday Speedco locations will be closed for Thanksgiving. Click this link to see all temporarily closed Speedco locations.
And, if you want to watch something other than football, here are some suggestions.