The Truckload Carriers Association today announced the finalists for the Company Driver of the Year Award, presented with Truckers News, and the Owner-Operator of the Year Award, presented by Overdrive.
2019 Company Driver of the Year Contest finalists are:
- Robie Jensen of Fremont, Nebraska, who drives for Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. also of Fremont, Nebraska
- Randy Kuryk of Winnipeg, Manitoba, who drives for Bison Transport also of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Don Lewis of Republic, Missouri, who drives for Wilson Logistics of Springfield, Missouri
2019 Owner-Operator of the Year Contest finalists are:
- Jesse Dennis of Springfield, Missouri who is leased to Prime Inc. also of Springfield, Missouri
- Kevin Kocmich of Litchfield, Minnesota, who is leased to Diamond Transportation System, Inc. of Racine, Wisconsin
- Robert and Tracy Roth of Coldwater, Ontario, who are leased to Erb International of New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
Both awards are sponsored by Love’s and Cummins.
The top six finalists were selected based on their demonstrated ability to operate safely on public highways, their efforts to enhance the public image of the trucking industry, and their contributions to their local communities.
“These contests continue to bring forth the best of the best in our industry year after year,” said TCA President John Lyboldt. “From being a mentor behind the wheel, to being a leader in their community, these drivers are so deserving of this recognition. I look forward to seeing which driver takes home the grand prize at Truckload 2020.”
“Randall-Reilly and its Overdrive and Truckers News brands are proud to honor these drivers who represent the finest men and women in the truckload industry,” said Randall-Reilly’s Director of Trucking Sales Emily Larson. “Our nation’s highly-skilled professional drivers don’t get enough credit, so we’re happy to partner with TCA and our sponsors on this program.”
The winners will be announced at TCA’s 2020 Annual Convention, March 1-3 at the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee, Florida. Winners receive $25,000 each and the runners up receive $2,500.
Each owner-operator finalist will be profiled in Overdrive and each company driver finalist will be profiled in Truckers News. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to highlight these drivers in these national media outlets and hope that the exposure will heighten reader awareness about TCA and the Driver of the Year competition while outlining best practices that other drivers may wish to emulate.