Heartland Express has announced it is increasing its driver pay structure.
The specifics of the new pay package include:
- Rate increases to drivers as high as 12.2%, depending on the driver’s region and related home time
- An average increase of about 6% across the fleet
- New hire rates starting as high as 56 cents per mile (1 year of qualified experience, depending on region and home time) to 60 cents per mile (10 years of qualified experience, depending on region and home time)
- Current company driver rates as high as 65 cpm based on longevity with the company, region and home time
- Continued annual safety bonuses of up to 3 cpm on all miles driven, plus an additional 5 cpm for all miles driven in the Northeast U.S. and Canadian miles.
“As we reflected back on what has transpired over the course of 2020, and what our drivers have been through, this pay increase is a sign of appreciation for everything they have overcome,” said Heartland Express CEO Mike Gerdin. “Their dedication to keep America moving and maintaining Heartland Express as an industry leader has been outstanding. With this latest driver pay package, we also wanted to extend our gratitude to other professional drivers within our industry should they choose to join the Heartland Express team.”
Based in North Liberty, Iowa Heartland is a truckload carrier that operates 20 terminals serving customers with shipping lanes throughout the United States.
Search thousands of trucking jobs to find the job you want.Find Your Next Job Today