American Trucking Associations’ Safety Management Council honored a number of fleets, safety professionals and a state association at the group’s annual Safety and Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, Fla. recently.
This year SMC honored:
- Becky Perlaky, executive vice president for safety, security and compliance at Kenan Advantage Group, North Canton, Ohio, as Great West Casualty Co. National Safety Director of the Year;
- The Colorado Motor Carriers Association with the Excellence in Safety Award;
- Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky., Dupré Logistics LLC, LaFayette, La., and ABF Freight System Inc., Fort Smith, Ark., with the ATA President’s Trophy;
- Larry Bizzell Jr., manager of regional safety – southern region, FedEx Ground, Memphis, Tenn., as Meritor WABCO National Safety Professional Award of Excellence winner;
- Carl Edgar Schultz, a driver with Davis Express Inc., Tampa, Fla., as Baldwin & Lyons National Driver of the Year.
“Safety is ATA’s top priority,” said ATA President and CEO Bill Graves, “honoring the people who go above and beyond to keep our highways safe is one of the great things ATA does and I’m proud to congratulate all of this year’s winners.”