Walmart Transportation driver Noble Gould, of Wellsville, Kansas, was named Driver of the Year by the Kansas Motor Carriers Association at its 2017 Safety Awards Banquet.
The driver of the year is selected from the 12 Drivers of the Month for the year. The winner is selected by a committee and is decided using the following criteria: “a record of safe and courteous driving, an outstanding deed of heroism or highway courtesy, special training and driver education, civic activities and special contributions to company operating efficiencies.”
Other award winners at the banquet were:
Safety Professional of the Year: Jill Maschmeier, National Carriers
Fleet Safety Winners:
- Agricultural Carriers Division: Short & Son, Inc.
- Tank Truck Division: Coffeyville Resources Crude Transportation
- Truckload Division: Great Plains Trucking
- Private Carrier Division: Walmart Transportation
- Movers Conference: James B. Studdard Transfer and Storage Company, Inc.
Fleet Champion: Coffeyville Resources Crude Transportation