Nominations are open for Goodyear‘s 35th annual Highway Hero award. Nominations can be made through Nov. 29.
The award honors truck drivers who put themselves in harm’s way to help others.
In order to be considered for the award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time truck driver
- Must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The heroic incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada.
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work and in his or her rig at the time of the heroic action.
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have 12 or more wheels
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2016, and Nov. 16, 2017
After the nomination period, Goodyear will narrow down the candidates to three finalists, and a panel of trucking industry media representatives will select the winner.
The finalists will receive an expense-paid trip to the 2018 Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky., where the winner will be announced.
The 2017 winner, David Webb, helped a dump truck driver who had a heart attack while driving down the road.