Eight drivers have been selected as finalists for the National Tank Truck Carriers‘ Tank Truck Driver of the Year award.
They advance to the final round of the selection process, during which they will be judged on their knowledge of the tank truck industry, dedication to safety, ability to communicate the industry’s messages, overall safe driving record, and their positive community efforts outside of driving.
One of the eight drivers will be named the Professional Tank Truck Driver of the Year Grand Champion during the NTTC’s 71st Annual Conference & Exhibits at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, April 23-25. The grand champion will represent the NTTC during a one-year term as a spokesperson and will attend NTTC safety events.
The eight finalists are:
- Ronald Baird of Hoffman Transportation/G&D Trucking, from Channahon, Illinois
- Mark A. Dorrance of Dixon Bros, Inc., from Newcastle, Wyoming
- James Ellis Sr. of Grammer Industries, Inc., from Columbus, Indiana
- Tony T. Stinnett of Usher Transport, from Louisville, Kentucky
- Barbara Herman of K-Limited Carriers Ltd., from Toledo, Ohio
- Tim Howerton of Groendyke Transport, Inc., from Enid, Oklahoma
- Michael Hunter of Atlas Oil Company, from Taylor, Michigan
- William McNamee of Carbon Express, from Wharton, New Jersey