State trucking associations in Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Maine recently brought together drivers to compete and decide who among them will advance to the National Truck Driving Championship in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Aug. 14-17.
FedEx Freight driver Heladio Fernandez was named grand champion at the Oregon Truck Driving Championship. Fernandez also won first place in the tanker class.
Martin Brower’s Bryan Krol was grand champion at the Pennsylvania Truck Driving Championship after also winning first place in the 5-axle class.
At the Maine Truck Driving Championship, Pottle’s Transportation driver Joseph Smith was named grand champion and won first place in the sleeper berth class. Pottle’s Transportation won the Team Award.
- Grand Champion: Heladio Fernandez, FedEx Freight
- Rookie of the Year: John Sanderson, FedEx Express
- 3-Axle: John Sanderson, FedEx Express
- 4-Axle: James Plaxco, Old Dominion Freight Line
- 5-Axle: Kirby Ferber, FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: Bradley Lester, FedEx Freight
- Sleeper Berth: Manuel Cruz, FedEx Freight
- Straight Truck: Brandon Scott, Charlie’s Produce
- Tank Truck: Heladio Fernandez, FedEx Freight
- Twin Trailers: Curt Davis, FedEx Freight
- Step Van: Lang Tran, FedEx Freight
- Team Champion: Oak Harbor Freight Lines
- Highest Pre-Trip Score: Kirby Ferber, FedEx Freight
- Grand Champion: Bryan Krol, Martin Brower
- Grand Champion: Joseph Smith, Pottle’s Transportation
- Rookie of the Year: Michael Ward, H.O. Bouchard
- Straight Truck: Dennis Hagner, Walmart Transportation
- 3-Axle: Alan Paradis, A&A Trucking
- 4-Axle: Clifford Gibbs, FedEx Freight
- 5-Axle: Ken Duncan, Walmart Transportation
- Sleeper Berth: Joseph Smith, Pottle’s Transportation
- Tank Truck: Wayne Devoe, H.A. Mapes
- Flatbed: Ronald Round, Pottle’s Transportation
- Twin Trailers: Matt Richardson, Performance Food Service
- Step Van: Robert Cochran, FedEx Express
- Team Award: Pottle’s Transportation
- Highest Pre-Trip Score: Josh White, Lynch Logistics