XPO Logistics driver Ernie Budlowski earned grand champion honors at the Connecticut Truck Driving Championship, held June 8 in Windsor Locks. He also won first place in the straight truck class.
In nearby New York, RIST Transport Ltd. driver Marty McMahon was announced as grand champion at the New York Truck Driving Championship. McMahon also won first place in the 4-axle class. The New York competition was held June 7-8 in Syracuse.
- Grand Champion: Ernie Budlowski, XPO Logistics
- Straight Truck: Ernie Budlowski, XPO Logistics
- 3-Axle: Glen Cooke, FedEx Express
- 4-Axle: Andre Antropov, Martin Brower
- 5-Axle: John Greene, FedEx Freight
- Sleeper Berth: David Bryant, FedEx Freight
- Tank Truck: Paul Brandon, FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: Tony Spero, ABF Freight
- Twin Trailers: Michael Erick, YRC Freight
- Step Van: Timothy Besta, FedEx Ground
New York’s winners:
- Grand Champion: Marty McMahon, RIST Transport Ltd.
- Rookie of the Year: Shea Harper, FedEx Freight
- Straight Truck: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- 3-Axle: Nick Jones, UPS Freight
- 4-Axle: Marty McMahon, RIST Transport Ltd.
- 5-Axle: Oliver Estevez, Martin Brower
- Sleeper Berth: Tim Schultz, Walmart
- Tank Truck: David Watson, FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: Andy Sweredoski, Walmart
- Twin Trailers: Glen Hall, FedEx Ground
- Step Van: Jeff Evans, FedEx Ground
- Team Trophy: FedEx Express
- Highest Written Exam Score: Michael Guanciale, FedEx Express
- Highest Pre-Trip Score Award: James Kohr, FedEx Express
- Ray Dagastino Volunteer Award: Dave Grabow, Walmart