The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance is now accepting applications for its annual International Driver Excellence Award.
Sponsored by PrePass Safety Alliance, the award recognizes individuals who go above and beyond in the performance of their duties as a commercial vehicle driver. Nominations are being accepted through Dec. 13. Forms are available at the CVSA website.
The CVSA says nominees:
- must be of personal character beyond reproach
- have at least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- have no felony convictions
- have no safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- have no driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner violations
The award winner receives $2,500, a crystal trophy, airfare for the winner and one guest to San Antonio, Texas, and a two-night hotel stay at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio.
The IDEA winner will receive their award at the CVSA Workshop in San Antonio April 20, 2020.
IDEA is open to the entire trucking industry. You do not have to be a member of or affiliated with CVSA to apply.
Timothy Dean of Werner Enterprises was named the winner of the 2019 International Driver Excellence Award. Dean has been with Werner for more than 30 years and safely driven more than 4 million miles without incident.
If you have any questions about the award program, contact CVSA at email@example.com.