Debbie Desiderato is:
- An independent owner-operator with 17 years and 1.3 million miles to her credit
- The woman behind Walkabout Transport
- Winner of one of the National Association of Small Trucking Companies’ best drivers awards last year
- Creator of the Truckers Notes app
- And now, a voice raising questions about autonomous trucks in a new documentary film
Desiderato appears in Autonomy, a documentary film by Car & Driver magazine and executive producer and best selling author Malcolm Gladwell.
In a recent edition of the Overdrive Radio podcast, Desiderato talks with Senior Editor Todd Dills about her own skepticism about “Level 5” full self-driving trucks. She also talks about what it took to be part of the film.
Read Dills’ story and hear Desiderato talk about Autonomy here.