Drivers and military veterans honored include:
- Steve Buttrick (Air Force 1970-1976, Army 1981-1987)
- Allen Caddell (Army 1977-2000)
- Larry Starling (Army 1988-2011)
- Julie Schaubhut (Army 1977-1988)
- Sam Simonton (Marines six years, Army nine years, six years active duty Nebraska National Guard)
They were selected based on their military service records and driving careers, according to the company.
With these latest additions there are now 35 Patriot Fleet wrapped trucks on the road. Patriot Fleet trucks participate in truck shows, school visits, parades, Wreaths Across America, and other industry events.
“We look at that (nominee) list every year and we try to find someone from each branch to represent. We look at miles with the company, years of service with not only Crete and Shaffer, but also years of service in the military, and try to find a nice blend,” said Isaac Phillips, Crete’s driver development and owner-operator manager, during the Nov. 11 ceremony. “Even though it’s tough to narrow it down to the five recipients each year we feel like we really hit the cream of the crop again this year and couldn’t be prouder of these five, our newest additions to the Patriot Fleet.”