The weather outside has warmed up in most parts of the country and the higher temperatures are bringing the bugs out. With the return of mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas comes the threat of potential illness.
To protect yourself from these insects and the potential diseases they carry, the CDC recommends:
- Wearing long-sleeved shirts and long pants
- Treat boots, pants, socks and tents with permethrin or use permethrin-treated clothing and gear
- Use flea and tick control products with your pets
- Take steps to control mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas inside and outside your home
- Find and remove ticks daily from family and pets
- Use an Environmental Protection Agency-registered insect repellant