Twenty-nine Rhode Island truckers and 193 Missouri drivers convened in their home states this past weekend for their annual truck driving championships, testing their skills against one another.
Hogan Transports driver Chris Morrison was named Missouri’s grand champion. He also won first place in the sleeper berth class.
David Lumpkin, a FedEx Freight driver, had the highest overall score in Rhode Island and was named the state’s grand champion. He also won first place in the straight truck class.
- Grand Champion: Chris Morrison, Hogan Transports
- Rookie of the Year: David Pruitt, Leggett & Platt, Inc.
- 3-Axle: John Reyes, XPO Logistics
- 4-Axle: Bruce Brewen, Hogan Transports
- 5-Axle: David Pruitt, Leggett & Platt, Inc.
- Straight Truck: Paul Tyler, XPO Logistics
- Step Van: Stacey Kraus, FedEx Freight
- Twins: Michael Chatterton, FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: Scott Fischer, Prime Inc.
- Tanker: Sid Naramore, Buchheit Logistics, Inc.
- Sleeper Berth: Chris Morrison, Hogan Transports
- Team Champion: XPO Logistics
- Highest Written Exam Score: Bruce Brewen, Hogan Transports
- Highest Pre-Trip Score: Rodney Rodebush, FedEx Ground
- Professional Excellence Award: Thomas Miller, Prime Inc.
Rhode Island’s winners:
- Grand Champion: David Lumpkin, FedEx Freight
- Rookie of the Year: Kyle Smith, A. Duie Pyle
- 3-Axle: Joe Hicks, XPO Logistics
- 4-Axle: Michael Richard, Frito Lay
- 5-Axle: William Burns, A. Duie Pyle
- Straight Truck: David Lumpkin, FedEx Express
- Step Van: Keith Towne, FedEx Express
- Twins: Steven Migneault, FedEx Freight
- Highest Written Exam Score: Karen Tierny, FedEx Express